Why You Should Avoid Mold Inspections

Rate this post

Why You Should Avoid Mold Inspections? This article explains the dangers of mold, a fungus that can grow on just about anything. Because it causes such severe reactions, it’s better to remove the mold rather than test for it. In fact, a mold inspection may only provide you with a list of potential problems, not an accurate picture. Also, this kind of inspection can be expensive, and it’s hardly reliable.

Mold is a fungus that grows on virtually any substance

Molds are microscopic organisms that can grow on practically any substance, including wood, paper, carpeting, insulation, and food. They reproduce by releasing spores that travel through the air and may discolor or take on other colors. The growth of molds on a surface may eventually lead to the breakdown of the substrate, causing it to crumble and become unusable.

Exposure to mold does not always cause health effects, but some individuals are allergic to mold spores and may develop symptoms similar to hay fever. People with chronic respiratory disease and compromised immune systems are at increased risk of developing a fungal respiratory infection Greene Planet Mold Removal. The CDC recommends a commonsense approach to mold contamination. Mold can cause respiratory problems and aggravate asthma. Molds can also cause skin infections and other illnesses.

It can cause severe reactions

Mold can be a serious health concern and should be taken seriously. Exposure to moderate amounts of mold can cause allergic reactions in some individuals. In fact, 6-10% of the general population is allergic to mold and 15-50% of atopic individuals are susceptible. Some of the symptoms associated with exposure to mold are: coughing, nasal congestion, exacerbation of asthma, and eye irritation. Some people experience no symptoms at all, while others experience severe reactions and may experience anaphylactic shock.

It is expensive

You may wonder how to avoid the cost of mold inspection. The answer is simple: you have to be sure you’re hiring a certified mold inspector. These professionals have been trained to meet industry standards and can ensure you’re not putting your family at risk by hiring them. But why are mold inspections so expensive? The following are a few of the most important considerations to make. Whether your home is affected by mold will greatly influence the cost.

If you suspect that you have a mold problem, you need to know what types of mold you’re dealing with. Alternaria mold is commonly found outdoors and accounts for most plant damage. Its spores are very airborne and can invade your home. You’ll find it on ductwork, wallpaper, and under your carpet. In addition to being unsightly, it can cause allergic reactions, rashes, and itchy skin.

It is not reliable

The only way to know for sure if a home is mold free is to get a mold inspection. Many companies perform mold testing without any training, so that they can make a hefty profit. You can save a bundle on a mold inspection by choosing a company that is certified by the IAC2 and has a proven track record. The IAC2 also offers free membership. Then, you can trust their advice.

The results of mold testing give only a snapshot of the mold condition in one location or time. They aren’t reliable in other locations. In addition, airborne molds are constantly changing. Testing the surface of a building or wall doesn’t give a reliable indication of mold growth because airborne molds can change dramatically within hours. It is impossible to accurately predict the growth and deposition of mold by a surface test.

It is not regulated

While many mold inspectors claim to be certified, many are not. Many of these organizations charge fees to administer a few basic tests, which do not necessarily measure the amount of training or field experience required to be a professional mold inspector. The American Council for Accredited Certification, for example, requires its certified mold inspectors to have advanced training and evidence of extensive field experience. Those who pass its rigorous examinations are deemed certified by the organization.

The quality of mold inspections is also variable. Not all inspectors carry out laboratory tests, while some do. This is because the field of mold and mycotoxins is so new and unregulated that more expensive does not necessarily translate into better quality. Even if a certified professional does perform a mold inspection, the results may not be representative of the level of mycotoxin contamination. Therefore, mold inspectors may use other methods such as a visual inspection and moisture testing.